Thread: Folding Ak??
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Folding Ak??

Sorta related hand in the 25+2 I just played. How horrendously weak was this guys? A buddy was watching me play and really really let me have it for this one. He knows I'm more exprerienced and know more about poker than him, but I think he might be right about this one. Does anyone else pass up the chance to become chip leader with AKs?

Here's the hand:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1500 (7 handed) converter

Hero (t24088)
BB (t5952)
UTG (t17748)
MP1 (t19536)
MP2 (t74776)
CO (t41368)
Button (t16532)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t1500, MP2 is all in t74776<font color="#666666"> 3 folds Hero thinks forever and folds 1 fold </font>.

Final Pot: t78000ish - converter screwed up

my thinking on the hand was that there was a good chance he had AK or a decent pocket pair. I think the times he turns over KK or AA make up for when he has AQ or another non-pair but maybe I'm way off. Anyhow, I looked at everyones stacks and I had plenty of wiggle room, and i felt like I'd rather pass up the probable coin flip and play poker and outlast the slightly smaller stacks, rather than shove all my chips in when I wasn't sure. Payouts were $200 for 7th, then 300, 350, 400, 525, 775, 1350. The $100 jump from 7th to 6th and the short stacks had something to do with my decision too, even though I should have been "playing for 1st", as the cliche term goes.

Anyhow, I felt like I wasn't guaranteed 1st or 2nd if I double up that hand, and I could definitely play my way up there. I ended up busting out in 4th for $400 when I got caught on a blind steal but flopped a pair and thought I had the odds to go on. Other guy caught 2 pair on turn instead of me and I was out.

Anyhow, sorry for hijacking your thread bro, but this is on my mind cuz it just happened so maybe we can get some opinions together [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys