View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: HELP - I keep getting killed with AA

A bad stretch of luck, mostly, in all likelihood. If a lot of those scenarios are similar to this one, you should make sure you bet the flop stronger. I personally like to pot somewhat coordinated boards like this one whether I'm holding a strong top pair, overpair, or a strong draw, to obscure reads and make for tougher decisions. I however have a very aggressive style that creates its own set of problems, so this may not be for everybody.

Calling a push postflop with aces or kings in the pocket can be a very tough decision, especially in the case of a board that's coordinated, but not too coordinated, like this one. It's very important to have some idea of your man's tendencies so you can narrow his range of hands; the looser & more aggressive, the more you should be inclined to pay him off. With no strong reads... well, you're really gonna have to go with what's in your gut. Given the size of the pot here I'd say you really can't lay down the river, but on my A game, I can see folding to the turn miniraise.