View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Results and some thoughts

Matt, I don't understand exactly what you're saying. Perhaps it's a reading comprehension problem. I'll try and work through sentence by sentence.

PS- I recall you guaranteed some months ago on this forum that one of the Raleigh boys was going to win a wsop bracelet this year. Well played. You are a man of your word.

[ QUOTE ]
did Mike name his hand? because he can reasonably have a few, in particular suited Ax clubs and AK-AJ

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he didn't. Those hands do compose a fair majority of his hand range. In addition, I would throw in 45 club/diamond. Not much else.

[ QUOTE ]
remember this was live not online, the button is live and deep, and he could well have pegged Ocho on a draw on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

By "he," do you mean button or ML4L? I'll assume ML4L because button was live. So yeah, I figure ML4L pretty much knew what I had on the flop, the turn bet was in part to throw a little confusion in and maybe he mucks an ace. He still knows it's fairly likely I'm drawing.

[ QUOTE ]
or a missfire with two pair and a bad read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean him or me? Who might've mis-fired? Who had bad read?

[ QUOTE ]
or weaker diamonds if Ocho gave his betting away on the river and Mike sneaked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could ML4L have diamonds? I did pretty much give away the fact that I nutted on river, but it was unlikely that he pays off a big bet to me anyways with any flush other than nuts in this 3-way. I was gunning for button in this pot, and head-up against ML4L I certainly play the river differently.

[ QUOTE ]
but most likely it was an ace +/- the clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought so too. Though his flop card correction post makes me believe it was 45 diamond or club. Probably clubs, because he would have bragged to me that he layed down diamonds after I later told him I had nuts.