View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: 100NL 6-max straight flush - what\'s your play?

[ QUOTE ]
It was very tough to read because your avatar kept stealing my attention [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if having that as my stars avatar would be +EV or -EV? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Anyways...

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a reason you played this so passive? Bet the flop, raise the turn, bet how much you think they'll call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the flop? No thanks. Why build a pot out of position with jack high? I was in the BB, so it's not like I feel attached to this pot. If someone makes a pot bet, I fold. No biggy. Besides, people bet small so often that I was hoping somone would bet a dollar so I could call. Wish granted.

As for the turn, I know the SB hit the turn. So he either has a flush or straight, or if he is a real idiot he might have two pair. In any case, there isn't much point to raising him, as he is drawing dead with a straight, dead with a lower flush, and I'm drawing ~dead to a higher flush (one-outer). Plus I get to keep MP in the pot by just calling.

I'm willing to sacrifice the EV of letting SB get away with a smaller flush for the safety of not loosing my stack to a higher flush. Plus, I get more value out of the straight this way.

If another diamond on the river falls and I lose, so be it. It's not a big pot.

EDIT: This all makes sense in my mind, but I have no idea if my writing is coherent, and I don't feel like editing the whole thing again.