View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: From lead with 10 to out 9th, need critiquing

Only really have thoughts on hand #1. With a little stack directly behind you, given his *current* chip total, any hand you raise preflop with, you have to be ready to commit 20% of your stack to it if he goes all in; because, you will have odds to call him. And if you're stealing with junk, you're going to be an underdog going in, giving him an opportunity to double up and get off life support. I know this is a great time to steal, as everyone is hoping for the final table, and you have a nice stack; but, given where the shortstack is sitting and his current chip amount, I think a little bit of caution is in order. (at least for an orbit or two) You have a big enough stack to wait for more legit hands to raise preflop with *in this specific situation.*

Depending on how many other shortstacks are at the other table, a few more orbits, and you are to the final 9. So, a few orbits of patience was in order here, until his stack was about 10% of your stack, then I don't care if he calls me or not.