View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Raising junk preflop with skilled flop play (no content)

[ QUOTE ]
Are you telling me this is an elaborate joke by the OP?

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The hand is real, and I am Hero. At a new table I make a move once in a while with total junk and show it. The fish and Matt Damon types can't believe their eyes and have it in for me all night. I should have taken this pot down pf but when two short stacks called and pushed I figured this would be even better for my image. I fully expected to be a 6:1 dog here or worse. I'd never in a million years dream of calling this with bottom pair, bottom kicker.

There were some lines which IMO should have given the gag away (apart from the 'no content' in the title):

Why wait for the nuts if you've got a solid read?

Seriously man, poker is about intuition, you got to break out of the 'nutpeddle' mindset that runs rampant on this board.

I can guarantee you no other 2+2 SSNLer would have netted $80 profit here.

Sure you can say that's results oriented, but isn't poker about getting results?

It's called 'reading your opponent's hand'. People have written entire books about it. You know this so why are you being facetious?

Some of my favorite replies:
[ QUOTE ]

I would consider folding AA here

I would LOVE to have you at my table after seeing this..i'd wait till I had the nuts and push so your "read" could pay off.

You made a dumb play and got lucky. Nothing in this thread has convinced me otherwise.

Now I think that if your read was that strong then it wasn't a terrible play

Because not many of us are retarded enough to make a play like this.

That is one of the fishiest plays ive seen in a while.

Zorro, I like your posts and all, but I also think you're going a bit overboard on this one. I'll have to agree that this is just dumb luck.

If your reads are this good, you clearly should be pimpslapping Mahatma in the UB 50/100 game. (my favorite)

You can't expect to profit out of the blinds raising hands of this caliber. (second favorite)

Worst play I have seen in ages......Most entertaining thread i have read in ages.

EDIT: After reading the rest of this thread, should I go ahead and muck this post?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you to everyone who responded. I'm just glad no one advocated this play like they did in ZeeJustin's post.

SSNL p3ned. Onward and upward!