View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Q4 suited in BB flops Big draw.

UTG is somewhat tight player, so his utg raise usually means he has a hand so we can narrow his range of hands to solid holdings,

Button is semi loose, and very aggressive. So his flop raise doesn't necesarily mean he has a huge hand since he just limped on the button, he could be raising a draw.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>...

Pre-flop call is standard.

How is the flop 3-bet though? I really think it was the wrong play, because I risk folding out other players and I don't see any outs I need cleaning.

Is there any value to 3-betting this flop. I checked planning on checkraising the field at first, but when someone has already done the raising for you is it worth it to 3-bet in a pot this size, even if it risks losing customers?

My thought process up to when button raised, was if UTG has over cards, I don't mind folding him out because my pair might already be the best hand and there is a decent chance that the aggressive button could be raising a draw and if I get it heads up with him my 4's might win at showdown unimproved. Is my thinking flawed?