View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: is THIS when you overbet the pot??

[ QUOTE ]
You must have *some* read on rodney, yes? Did his extra 1000 chips materialize into his stack without playing a hand??

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that would be assuming I was paying attention, no? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Unfortunately I missed it. It wasn't until later that I went back and saw he had raised to 75 with AA after someone minraised to 30 preflop, who reraised all in with 89s.

I was actually talking about both flop and turn overbets. On the flop, I overbet trying to make it look like I'm throwing my big stack around. Since the villian also had a big stack, he could take my bet as an effort to buy the pot. I just called when it came back to make it look like I was either bluffing and too embarassed to fold to a minraise, or I was on a flush draw. Check the turn to let him hang himself... I had him on a pair so I'd figure he'd bet to protect against the draw, which he did. I pushed because A) bottom two pair is a very vunerable hand and would mind the decent pot at this time and B) he may call me if he had limped in w/KK or AA and C) on the off-chance he was on a flush draw I made it unprofitable. I know checking the turn risks a free card, but with greater risks come greater rewards... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've posted just a handful of out-of-the-box thinking hands so far, and so far I've basically been accused of overthinking. I figure one of these times I'll hit paydirt. Thanks for the comments. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]