View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: is THIS when you overbet the pot??

It's an interesting and unique situation here. You have one limper, and then all fold to the BB who checks. So it's HU. And it's early in the SNG, so the blinds are still small.

Pot=T40 and you bet T90. Is this the time to do that? IMO, no. You have only one opponent here. I could see it with 5 limpers and you maybe. I don't know. But HU, you want to get as much as you can from him, so I would lean toward a pot sized bet, or c/r.

But, the main reason I wanted to comment, was because of the betting sequence after you raised. He then miniraised you. I think you have to reraise here. Your flop bet could mean anything from having a 4 in your hand to a straight flush draw to hoping the limper completely missed the flop and you are trying to take it down with any 2. His miniraise basically puts pressure on you in case you are bluffing, and is telling you that he probably has a piece of the flop also. So, i think you have to play back at him and make him pay for him to improve his hand, as you probably have the best hand here 95% of the time. Now is when I would overbet.

Your opponent just bet T180 at you, making the pot T310. I would probably make it at least T500, probably T600 for him to continue in the hand. Let's him know that you are going to the mat with this hand if need be. As it was, your call is basically giving him a free card, and you still don't know where you stand in the hand.

--aj