View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: From lead with 10 to out 9th, need critiquing

1) I'm certainly not going to tell you to refrain from stealing. It's completely situation dependent and if you felt like you could steal than great. I do think that your standard raise at this level could be a bit less. Often when the blinds get this big a raise of 2.5X usually is sufficient. It's an auto-call with pot odds and even if you had raised less you'd still have the odds to call. But keep in mind that you were caught stealing and probably need to change gears and slow down for awhile - at least until you show some real hands from early position.

2) Nothing wrong with laying that hand down. He could be on a steal or have a middle pair. But I don't see a reason to call off half of a nice stack with ATo.

3) I would probably fold this pre-flop. You have a suited ace and that looks nice, plus position, but it's just not good enough to play at this blind level. I can't really comment on the flop action other than I'd never put myself in that position.

4) Fine.

So I do think you might be taking some unnecessary risks with your stack. I don't know you but a lot of people who are successful at building nice stacks in rebuys have a tough time adjusting to the non-rebuy period where play must tighten up and become smarter.