View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Should I have raised? #2

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I mean...

I feel like I'm missing something because you have 4900 posts and should know this.

But... betting big to push out draws is one thing. Betting 1600 chips into a 100 chip pot is something completely different, isn't it?

I'm not saying you don't go broke on this hand... you both flopped monsters. I'm just saying... what the hell is with that flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, a disclaimer. The 4900 posts are from talking about movies in OOT.

I bet huge because I didn't want calls(bok bok bok) and didn't really expect them expect them, but if I got them, I figured I might double up. If someone was going to outdraw me, I didn't want them to take a chance on doing it without imposing a terrific penalty on them.

This situation frustrates me, and that's why I'm asking for feedback. It's not all that rare for me to see this one pop up.

I figured if I bet a more reasonable amount, the flop looked dangerous enough that there was quite a good chance I would both get outdrawn and pay off the villains, which puts me in the same position as I would be before the turn -- committing my stack -- but without the chance of winning the pot ouright.

I do think you're right about this not being the ideal time to do this, as the reward was fairly low. But I see people call with total garbage so much in the 10's that doubling up from someone's random calling impulse or heads-up chasing of a draw isn't too rare.

These kind of hands really feel like push or fold with me. I hate just betting them. That just seems to be inviting people to beat me while I'm holding very vulnerable cards.

Am I so chieken that I'm losing value? When with bottom two pair, maybe I'm so gunshy I'm overcompensating.