Thread: Your BETTING
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Your BETTING

Here are my standards, they may change, but this is pretty much what I do right now:

When first in I make it 3BB. (That is on the low end of the spectrum, but I raise pretty liberally, so I like to keep it cheep.) When raising limpers, I add 1/2 to 1BB per limper depending on table conditions. (With more than 2 or 3 limpers, this kind of goes out the window and I bet based on what I hope to accomplish).

I am in the 2/3-3/4 continuation bet camp. I bet the same whether I hit or not (assuming I am betting when I miss, something I usually do if I was the pfr, but not always, and usually not if I got called in more than 2 places).

On the turn, if I bet, it is usually between 1/2 and 2/3 the pot. If there are draws I don't offer better than 3:1 for the caller, and usually worse than that if there are multiple opponents or multiple draws possible. (If I was bluffing on the flop, I usually give up on the turn, but will occasionally fire a second barrel if I think the opponent is capable of calling the flop with the intention of taking the pot away later.)

On the river there is a lot more variance in my bet size.

Also, position, the board and opponent are huge considerations that can quickly move me from standard bets and lines.