View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 04:33 AM

Default Re: What do I do if someobody moves all-in here?

Hands you don't want to see when you call an all-in on this flop:

A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Not to mention the fact that the big blind is going to be dealt two random clubs about 6% of the time.

hands you do want to see:

K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? Or of course, the stone-cold bluff.

My point is, even though some of the hands you dont want to see are unlikely (the case queens or case kings, for example), how often do you think your opponent will turn over a hand that makes you say "whew! I'm gonna double up" in this spot?