View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Hand O\' the day: K7 flops trip kings.......and I donk him to death

If your stats are over enough of a sample size to be reliable, then UTG+1 doesn't have crap, unless he's decided all of a sudden to break out of his shell for the duration of a hand (which does happen, by the way).

What he does have is another question, and I think the other king is quite likely, with any of the potential available kickers. TT is possible too, as are pocket pairs, Tx, QJ, AJ, and so forth. I certainly wouldn't dismiss AA as a possibility, either, and I'd give (much) more weight to the made hands than the draws.

Anyway, your line seems reasonable to me. If he's playing any king (and it seems like there's a good chance he might be, with those numbers), and he's usually not getting aggressive without a very strong hand, then Kx is quite possible, which you may be ahead of on the turn but also could quite likely be drawing against (to a chop, mostly).

I wouldn't want to checkraise the turn, because he may have some familiarity with that play, and I don't want him getting scared if he just has QQ or T9o or something.

Then again, relentless stop-n-go's do begin to alarm people eventually, I've learned, and tonight the opponent of mine that I'm thinking of right now caught on by the turn (I was running hot, for a change, and he seemed scared of me or at least scared of my lucky streak), and he just called the turn with his TPTK and then I whiffed on a river checkraise.

So I don't claim to be an expert on how to maximize in these spots.

But, then again, it's not until the river that I'm that confident that you're ahead.

But the river action may be influencing me, and I do think that against a more aggressive player who also doesn't find a lot of folds you should 3-bet the turn.

Jeez. I hope all that was helpful, in some way. I think maybe I should just go to bed.