View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Tourney Re-Buy Question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lets take this a step further. Say you lose a big hand and are down to 600 in chips. Should you rebuy here? I wouldn't recommend it - just keep pushing until you either get BACK to 2,000 in chips or you bust. When you bust, then DOUBLE rebuy and get back to $2,000 in chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread hijack -- I think this is very wrong. By "keep pushing" you seem to be implying making -CEV plays, with no benefit that I can see.

Why not just rebuy once to get to $1600? Is that really so much worse than $2000 in the situation when you bust?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't play in a lot of rebuys, do you? I'm not going to get nasty on you, but they truly are a different beast. You never want to have much less than the buyin + rebuy. And if there's an 'add-on' at the end of the first hour/rebuy period, then you NEVER want to go into the add-on with less than the buyin+rebuy+add-on.

-EV moves tend to happen during the first hour of a rebuy tournament. Like I said, they're a different beast, and if you're not ready for it, you'll be shocked.