Thread: Male vs. Female
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Male vs. Female

[ QUOTE ]
im about to make comments that will make most everyone look stupid (mostly because im blunt) but its my view so if your easily offended go away.

1)whoever said women were on average smarter than men...no... women care more about acedemics, on average, than men. More guys than girls just 'don't care' about school work (rightfully so imo) so females work harder towards acedemic goals, thus looking smarter.
why? (keep in mind this is all opinion and personal observation) Because females are 1)told its harder for them to succeed out there (i wont get into conversation about whether this is true or not). and 2) females crave compliments, doing well in school is a way to get compliments from daddy, boyfriend, whatever. and 3) females are (because its how society breeds them) more caring in general with near everything. 4) females need validation (did i say that right?).

now one thing i will give females when it comes to acedmic learning is communication skills. Since they are better communicators, they may more easily soak in whatever point their professor is trying to convey. Otherwise i think most things are fairly equal, maybe slightly toward the male side for math/science.

while we're at it lets make a black only WSOP event, and a hispanic only WSOP event. hell, why not a gay/lesbian one as well.

shouldn't this be in the psychology forum? :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this post is going to REALLY belong in the psych forum, but...
I agree mostly. I've even noticed the part about women having better work ethic carries over into the workplace as well. They freak out about every little detail, while men are laid back browsing ESPN.com for half the day.

I also think pop culture sort of brainwashes some of us about intelligence subconsciously. I mean turn on the TV: The Simpsons, Everyone Loves Raymond, King of Queens...when was the last show you saw that featured a smart husband and his dumb wife?