View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Anyone watch \"30 days\" of FX?

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh, rightist myth NO 100,000,000,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it is exhausting. Especially because they all repeat them verbatim endlessly. It literally took me 2 minutes to find the recent Chicago study that dispelled this (at least in their study). I found a more general study that presented both arguments and seemed to indicate that it was inconclusive.

I often wonder how many people bother to look into a subject themselves rathar then just repeat the party myths bandied about.

I used to frequent a yahoo political board. We did an experiment once where, at night, someone posted a Freeper column on a current issue. The next day, someone started a thread on that subject. And we watched the responses by the more 'sheepish' members of the right. It was amazing how many of them held the exact same view, made the exact same argument as the article. Furthermore, they used key phrases that were right out of the article.

Though the evidence was circumstantial, it seemed pretty obvious that many of them read the same articles and simply regurgitated verbatim what they had read.