View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: 30/60 PS Hand Question

[ QUOTE ]
my advice may be a little too aggressive but in a situation like this I think it's a good line to 3bet the turn and fold to a capp, after check behind or fold to a bet on the river unimproved.

If you are going to call down the river regardless you improve or not, I would 3bet right there to find out if I'm behind or completly drawing dead.

If your not going to 3bet the turn, I would fold right there to his checkraise. Calling imo is weak in this spot.

I don't think you should check the turn here unless you have a read on how the BB plays since there is good fold equity to a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

The danger with your play is that your opponent may cap with two-pair to straight, and you fold, while your flush draw may have been good. In general, when you have draws as you do here, you don't want to take the approach of raising with the intention of folding if reraised. You're much better off just calling down.

Now if he had 33 with no spade, and he suspect his opponent may be on a semi-bluff. Then a 3-bet/fold strategy would be okay. But even there, I've seen guys cap the turn on a semi-bluff.