View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Anyone watch \"30 days\" of FX?

Yeah... that sounds pretty sh*tty. (for the record, I don't mind the MTV show. That is, I think its stupid, but if teens want to embarrass and humiliate themselves for money or to be on TV... that's there choice. If you've ever watched Spring Break or Real World, you'll see that college students don't need a lot of encouragement to do stupid things. lol)

I've only seen Supersize Me and the first episode of this show. I am wary knowing what you found, but I don't necessarily think he has to be insincere. There is a possibility that he was a shallow dude who could have matured and learned from the experience. I've certainly met people who were real jerks when they were younger and became decent people over the years. (My brother went went from being a slutty do-nothing drug addict in his 20s and now he's a born again, happily married and runs his own business. So people can turn a new leaf.)

Regarding the minimum wage... I agree with you. It should be linked to the cost of living. I think it also demonstrates how hard it is to rise above poverty. When while just trying to survive, you're constantly spiralling into debt, it would be very difficult to just get your head above water much less 'make it.'

Whether he was sincere or not, seeing the show really made me appreciate what I've got.