View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: \"Everything in life is luck\"

"Humans have lived in Africa longer than anywhere else. Yet, they remain poor because their cultures haven't accomplished much of anything relative to the rest of the world. North America was "discovered" by European explorers just over 500 years ago. In a relatively short period of time, those people built the most powerful society in the world. "

Dynasty, what are you saying here anyway? It sounds to me like you are saying Africans have lived their long so they should all other things being equal be more advanced than other places. They aren't more advanced, they're less advanced so the explination is, Europeans are superior to Africans. I mean, this is a joke if that's what you're saying, is that what you're saying?

"American children being born into a more affluent country isn't luck. It happened because of the hard work and accomplishments of previous generations."

Okay, I have an interesting idea, the person in poverty living a miserable existence is who we are concerned with here, so why don't we look at this issue from their perspective? Makes sense, no? Clearly, from their perspective it's all luck.