View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Comments on all streets appreciated on this suck-out.

PF: looks like a judgement call: is table weak enough to limp this without getting raised, or with a lot of callers. From your HH, looks like it is, so the limp/call PF is fine.

Flop: I'm probably raising, since any T, J, Q or K will render your top pair useless and any 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 completes a straight draw or might give someone trips/two pair. With a 3-5 way turn, I think you need to narrow the field. If you count the backdoor flush as 2 outs, you have 7, I don't think that's enough in a 3-5 way pot.

Turn: the only good cards would have been an A or 9, and none fell. With 4 players on that turn, you are now beat. Question is: do you have the odds to call on your nut flush draw? First call is 4-1 with implied odds like mad: very good. Second call: 5-1 but implied odds are gone: still good enough. Buttons calls behind: even better. I'd say this will increase your variance, but it's definitely profitable.

So you were right, they did it to themselves. But I still think you should have raised the flop.

Comments are welcome.