View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Going to war with TT...

Here I am wondering if my line of play pre-flop and on the flop was too aggressive. I would also like to hear how you guys would play this.

MP1 is LAG, he is a bit more reasonable post flop. He likes to cap whenever he opens a pot and gets reraised.

MP2 is LAG as well and could cold call a raise with any pair, and any marginal hand. Post-flop I've only seen him bluff in obvious spots.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

I decided to 3 bet to keep the pot 3 handed. Is this standard in this spot?

The cap from MP1 did not really give me more info as I
expect him to do this with just about any hands he raised with.

Flop: (13.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

I thought there was a decent chance I was still ahead, I wanted to push out AQ or AJ. I thought these hands might fold thinking I had a K... Against 2 lags was this a silly idea? I also wanted to define my hand in one stroke.

Turn: (9.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero ..

Ah the turn check raise! I'm guessing MP2 smooth called the flop with a K. He would have reraised preflop with any pair above T. Since I haven't yet seen him pull off anything tricky on the turn, is this a clear fold? Also he has me beat even if he's overplaying an AJ. I'm getting something like 1-6.5 for calling the turn and river.

Thanks in advance.