Thread: college campus
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: college campus

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean on average? Are you asking if any of us happen to be researchers that polled students around the nation? Anyway, I'll answer personally.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if anyone has done that research it would be nice. Mostly im looking for college students to give an estimate on their own college campus, and then generalize and give another estimate to include the nation as a whole.

I was thinking something on the order of 0.005% or so would be beating poker. 0.001% beating party poker for 1k a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow those numbers look a bit low. but you may be right. i am a college student (20), and i multi the 100nl and make over 1k a month. for my college, i would say about 25% plays poker, of the 25% about 2% plays seriously for money, and out of the 2% about .01% atually wins. and out of that .01% who wins, an even smaller percent makes over 1k. so i guess your guesses are not completely of. or maybe my guesses are terrible. but in my school. i know most of the players. and out of the ones i know only me and 2 of my friends win money consistently on the party skins. but im sure there are others in the school who win also.