View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Home game dilemma - sort of

I've been playing in the same game on the weekends for over a year now. It's a casual NL cash game with a $20 buy-in. Everyone there is friends with an occasional "new guy" here and there. The issue I'm having is that I win pretty much all the time. On a normal night I'll be in for $20 and cash out anywhere from $125-$250. This past weekend I actually won all the money at the table. I don't know about your games but in my game this had never been done before. Usually a few people cash out ahead with some having more than others. Anyway that was sort of the last straw. People were genuinely upset that I have been winning consistently for a while now. There were comments about me not being invited anymore. Although they were all said in a joking manner I'm sure there was a little truth behind it. The problem is that these are all my friends and I enjoy the company. Obviously the money is great but even if I were losing I'd still play. Anyone ever been in this situation? How can I handle this? I don't want to take a dive and I don't want to find a new game as these are my friends. Any suggestions would be appreciated.