View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Thinking of buying Eastbay\'s program

I actually think the program has had the opposite effect on me. When you put the numbers in and play around with the program, you'll see that a lot of situations where the range you put your opponent on is the one factor that really determines whether it's a push or a fold. So since I've started using the program, I've actually started paying more attention to trying to get reads on my opponents (especially 1 and 2 seats to my left) because I know that there will be many situations where my decision is made based the range I put my opponent on.

That said, I'm just getting started playing SNGs and so I hadn't developed a "gut feel" for these types of situations. I'm sure that someone who has been playing these for awhile could, through trial-and-error, end up having a pretty good guess at what the right play is. For someone like me, I've had the program two weeks and have probably spent 6-8 hours messing around with it, and now I'm starting to develop a decent feel for playing the bubble. So for a beginner, I think the program dramatically cuts down the amount of time it takes to learn how to play the bubble and saves you a decent amount of money because you don't have to learn by having a few months of 4th-5th place finishes.