View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Ax Suited Preflop

OK in regards to the person who said NEVER play A x Suited except in the big blinds, WOW, you are losing out on some big pots if you don't play this hand.

To the original poster, I play Ax Suited every time i can unless someone makes it VERY expensive to go. Then ill fold. I play this VERY aggressively, I probably WOULDN'T raise in early position though, due to the fact that you may scare out those people with 2 lower suited connectors etc. IF and WHEN you hit your flush those people can often pay out ALOT because they won't think you have the nut flush. It's paid me out many times doing this.

Although if its a tight table i often will raise this hand in early position to get the ace , 10s and ace lower cards out of the pot. This gives u ur FIRST chance to win the pot right here. Then ill bet out on the flop no matter what comes just incase everone else misses their hands and they fold. If they call, and i DO hit my flush draw ill raise and reraise the turn and if still not flush on the river ill STILL bet out incase the other person was drawing to a hand as well (mind u this all depends on the community cards) If my flush draw DOESNT hit on the flop ill bet out as well just incase everyone is scared of me from my preflop raise and folds. If they call my bet after the flop ill just check to them on the river

Sometimes ull even win when ur ace hits.

If your in late position with this hand id suggest raising it (especially if alot of people are in the pot to that point)

Makes for big payouts when u do hit ur hand.