View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Bad player or cold cards

When I am having a bad run two things help me. 1) I look at pivotal hands during a session and replay them in poker tracker to see if I played it wrong or tilted or if it was just the breaks. I am not talking about hands where your set of K's gets busted by the rivered straight for a bad beat, those are going to happen. Look at some of your recent one pair and two pair hands from poker tracker and see if you missed something obvious. Often when you are in a bad run, you will 'weak/tighten' up. Because of the beats you call instead of raise or call down when everything says you are beat. If you can look at those hands objectively and say you played most of them correctly you are on a bad run and keep plugging away it will turn for you otherwise make the necessary corrections in your game.

2) Just spend some time watching play at different tables, this is great practice for me in card reading and player recognition. You can datamine and use GameTime+ to practice these skills. This is pretty hard because if you have the time to watch, you want to play, but I have found it extremely valuable.