View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: B&M Player I Can\'t Figure Out

I would imagine many of his plays are calculated decisions... High limit players expect an UTG raise from a solid player to be AK, AA, KK, QQ and will fold almost any A/rag, etc. So maybe it was a blind steal from UTG, or some kind of draw, or some kind of image play like he said.

The J/8 could have been to try to blow someone off the hand on the flop if they missed, or just mixing it up some. The fact he was able to show it down for a full house could easily put someone on tilt.

A lot of players will tell you that if you ONLY 3 bet with major hands, and ONLY play monsters UTG, and ALWAYS check if you miss the flop, etc. You will get run over by the ones paying attention. So I assume this was what he was doing, mixing it up.

I mix it up in tournaments and NL all the time, because if I catch someone I can generally stack them with a surpise (such as play 3/4 suited for a raise UTG and flopping a straight vs their AK with top pair). I am sure he doesn't 3-bet J/8 suited, or raise UTG with Q/3 often... Just enough to keep everyone on their toes.