View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: what possess the LAG donator?

[ QUOTE ]
Read this thread

It is quite long but brown thumb is (was) an uber lag donator. He describes his reasoning quite well in the thread. Plus it is just a great thread, probably my favorite thread ever.

Here is how the very long thread begins:

[ QUOTE ]
I am BrownThumb from UB, BigBet, AbsolutePoker, and many other sites. Anyone that has played with me knows I am a total jackass, but I have a lot of fun.

I raise almost every hand preflop, and most hands postflop. For some reason, this irritates many players. It shouldn't because I always lose my money (even after the times I run $50.00 up to $1,500). I always lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link. It's hilarious, and a must read, but he doesn't go too deeply into his psychology, except for this passage:

"Most of the fun is busting up a table when they don't know how to handle me. I always lose, but I have fun. .... Part of the fun is seeing how I lose and how long I last and how many people get bent out of shape when the bustup comes their way."

Pretty interesting, though. I wonder if this motivation is common among those who play this way.

Also interesting, while brownthumb clearly enjoys mixing it up verbally with his opponents, the guy I played tonight was totally silent.