View Single Post
Old 05-24-2003, 01:16 PM

Default Re: French have been mostly pro-American

nicky, I agree that many of the social problems are rooted in economics, but not all. The more you learn about Islam, the more you will see how it is inherently intolerant in scripture as well as in practice. There are certain fairly widespread customs in the Islamic/Arab world which are simply unacceptable in civilized Western society: "honor killings," female circumcision, the illegality of leaving Islam for another religion on pain of death, and extreme second-class citizenship for women. When France admits Muslims, France should tell them in no uncertain terms that certain such customs cannot be brought with them...period...as should all Western freedom-loving countries.

As for shaping the world in the U.S. image, is there any document in history more dedicated to the championship of individual rights and liberties, and representative government, than the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights? (not that we always follow it, and I believe we should largely revert to a more Constitutionalist government).

In my opinion it would be literally impossible for you to convert to Islam. I've interacted enough with you on this forum to know that you are too educated, open-minded and tolerant for that.