View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Worst Online Poker Software Features

Poker Stars:

- Constant pop up windows that must be clicked - It takes 7 clicks to join a tournament:

1+2) DoubleClick to open tournament window
3) Click "Register" button
4) Click on "Buy-in amount" check-box (Should be default selected)
5) Click "Ok"
6) Click to close pop-up box which confirms registration (Should be eliminated)
7) Click to close pop-up box which announces you've joined the table (Should be eliminated)

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- When player Avatars/Icons/Images are turned off (ugh, hate them, very distracting!) your hole cards cover your stack size. You can only tell your stack size by looking in the upper-left hand corner of the window, well away from the action. With Avatars/Icons/Images on, stack size is clearly displayed at your seat. Horrible.

- While there's an option to display bet sizes, there's no option to display the pot size. The total pot size is displayed above the table (again, well away from the action) but it includes all current bets, which makes it dificult to quickly determine the ratio of the bet/raise to the existing pot if there have been calls. (ie: If the pot is $100, and UTG bet $50 and there are 2 callers, your turn to act, the pot size will be shown as $250. You then need to figure that it's a 1/2 pot bet because $100 is not displayed anywhere (unless you want to try and count chips))

Both of these problems make multi-tabling much more difficult than it should be as you have to look around for information that ought to be readily available. Particularly the stack size, that's pretty unforgivable.

- Could do a much better job displaying list of tables/tournaments, particularly tournaments. There should be a way to ONLY display tournaments which are registering (ie: eliminate tournaments which are running/completed) as well as a way to eliminate games/structures that you are not interested in - ie: Show only/don't show NL/Limit/PL; Show only/Don't show Hold 'em/Omaha/Stud) (To be fair, this is true of most sites)

Selecting "Head's Up" in Tournaments also shows 4-handed tournaments.

I've been playing Stars exclusively lately (still clearing the reload). I know I've had just as many complaints everywhere else I've played, I'll post them if I think of them...

Here's one, Interpoker finally addresses the sloooowwwwwness problems that everyone's been complaining about forever, including introducing new "Lightning games" But the "Lightning games" are limit tables only, no NL and particularly no NL tournaments (You know, where players actually deliberately stall...) (And if I'm not mistaken, these lightning games are still slower than regular games on Prima and PokerRoom [and Stars, if slow player uses up his timebank])