View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Having Home Game Trouble!

[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing an extremle soft home game for about 8 months now.

Nemo:

He also defends his BB with almost anything. Here's an example I was sb and it was folded to me. I look at j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I raise in a steal attempt and get called, (by Nemo.)

[/ QUOTE ]

So you know he will defend with anything, but you make a steal attempt with a hand that is about 50% against a random hand?

[ QUOTE ]
I was confused but still value bet my hand after some deliberation, just to be raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

You "value bet" your second pair/terrible kicker?

[ QUOTE ]

Megadonk 3000: A pure call station. I bluffed at him on every street

[/ QUOTE ]

Your plan to beat the calling station is to bluff at every street?

[ QUOTE ]

Flounder: I am cutoff w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I raise to an unopened pot and get called by flounder. Flop comes q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] He opens, i raise, he three bets. I call. 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]on turn. I call his bet. 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]on river..he bets i call. I see his 7/9 off and am beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he puts you on a steal from the cutoff, calls $2 with $7 in the pot knowing he can outplay you after the flop, and with the knowledge that you will pay him off due to his loose image.

You aren't as good as you think you are.