Thread: PNAC
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: PNAC

I wondered the same thing, Wacki...when I read it over lightly more than a year ago it seemed pretty good.

Generally speaking, I think Leftists hate the idea of America having bases in key parts of the world and thereby being able to project power. They also harp on the theme that the PNAC shows the US "planned" to invade Iraq long ago.

Anyway I liked the PNAC, overall, when I browsed it. I think one problem Leftists have with it is they don't like to see America stronger; they would rather see America weaker. To them, important issues, in general, revolve around the concepts of imperialism and class warfare and exploitation--and other such hooey. Those issues just AREN'T the pressing issues of today, and besides, those issues have a long history of obfuscation and subversion for political power-grab purposes.

Freedom...capitalism...a good Constitution...voting...building up of infrastructure, development...these are the things that will eventually bring hope and progress to the troubled parts of the world. America and the West can lead the way against the forces of ignorance and tyranny. And the Left will see it as imperialism and exploitation through their strange-colored lenses.

Don't they see that the current situations in bad parts of the world as severe exploitation by the regimes in power? Much worse than any "exploitation" the West could bring through Nike and McDonald's?

Go figure.