View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: How bad is this blind defend on the flop?

Is the table so tight that this is a blind steal? He still has to go thru CO and Button. Knowing that I tend to give him credit for a half-decent hand and would probably check/fold the flop.

If I did consider this a possible steal - say the table is very tight and he knows button and co will likely fold to a raise - then I would lead the flop rather than check-raise, and give him a chance to fold right there. If he is weak-tight after the flop he may be disappointed the steal didn't work and just give it up if he does not hit the flop. I think I could fold to a raise, or fold the turn unimproved, given your read on the table. The only thing that would worry me in that situation is what to do on the river if he calls the flop, and calls a blank on the turn. There I would start to think he is calling down a pair of tens or pocket 9's. check and hope he checks it through, I guess.

I think I would play A-7 the same way in this particular situation, and still have the same problem on the river if called to that point, and still plan on dropping to any raise.