View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: What constitutes an interesting hand?

I think straightforward hands generally belong in the microlimits forum. I've been guilty of posting uninteresting hands here in SS, and it's going to happen from time to time. But I don't see any problem with people pointing out when posts suck.

I think the idea for this forum is that posters should be easily beating 0.5/1 and 1/2, so the hands should generally be ones that come up in 2/4 and 3/6 that don't come up in other contexts.

So a blind steal with J7s becomes interesting, since I never even had the chance to do that at 0.5/1. Also semi-bluffing becomes interesting, because semi-bluffing at 0.5/1 was throwing your money away, whereas at slightly higher limits, you might have a read which indicates that yoru opponent will fold enough hands to make a semi-bluff profitable.

Heck, even should I limp UTG with 44 at 2/4 is an interesting question. It's true that a lot of posters here have seem this topic discussed ad nauseum, but it's a reasonable question for someone to ask who's coming up from 0.5/1 and 1/2. Because those games are loose enough for such limps, and every player has to go through a stage where they accept that there are table conditions under which you should muck 44 UTG.

(Maybe I'm the only one, but I do find the search feature on this site not to be terribly easy to use, so I don't think it's horrible when things get repeated several times, since it's not that hard to skip threads we find boring.)

Just my $0.02.