View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 01:16 AM

Default What constitutes an interesting hand?

Because I really have no idea. A lot of hands people post which are interesting to many I find boring because the decisions are so close it doesn't really matter at all what you do.

It feels like people are trying to post the most marginal situations, but really at the low limit stage of our poker career's what is far more important is how you play the "straightforward" hands. I was dumbfounded when I read this thread becuase the decision is so clearly cut and dry. It comes up so often that I could hardly believe the OP felt his play was correct (not trying to be condescending Iba, just using you as an example). Thats not an interesting hand, but playing it incorrectly is a big mistake and will occur very often. I wonder how many of these hands go unposted because they're "boring", yet we see tons of hands posted where hero's edge is tiny, the decision borderline, and often influenced by player reads.

Not sure what I hoped to accomplish with this thread . . . I'm just sort of frustrated. I try to post hands I find interesting, but usually they just end up being something clowny I did, or what someone else considers a straightforward situation.

What a bunch of lame ramblings. Bring on SmileyGEY.

-SmileyEH