View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 01:04 AM

Default Too agressive? Too loose?

Online $1/$2. I'm in the big blind and pick up A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]. A middle position player has posted.

Folded to the poster who checks, the three players behind him limp and the small blind completes. Looking at four sure callers, I raise. Too much with A8s? The first three call, but the small blind folds. Oops.

The flop comes 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]. Not really the flop I was looking for, but I have an open-ended draw to a one card straight. I bet out because if any of my opponents are paying attention, they think I have a big pair or big suited connectors here and they just might fold. Thoughts on the bet?

Anyway, the poster calls, second guy (cutoff) raises, third guy (button) calls two cold. I call, the poster calls. I'm thinking the cutoff has top pair; he's savvy enough to encourage callers if he had a flush draw. I assume the button has a flush draw. The poster could have anything.

The turn comes 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]. The only card I would rather have seen is the 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img], so I'm pretty happy. I could probably count on the cutoff to bet, but I'm hoping he'll raise again, so I bet out. Only the cutoff calls. I guess the button didn't have the flush draw.

The river comes 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, the cutoff calls. My hand is good, but he shows QJo.

Comments? I was actually pretty happy with the way I played this hand, but that could just be because I won. What do you think?