View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: No chuckle

[ QUOTE ]
Collusion, perhaps a collusion of incompetence.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's collusion of corruption. The ones making the moves know exactly what they're doing, and with scary precision. Yeah, Bush is an idiot, but he's a puppet to some overmaster conservative that's really pulling the strings. Maybe it's daddy, I don't really know. Bottome line, the career politicians all have their face in the slop bucket. Regardless whether they are Democrat, Republican, they are politicians first.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is a sarcastic response to the fact that most Americans are just pawns in a political chess game between the Republicans and Democrats in modern times.

[/ QUOTE ] You cannot be implying collusion and at the same time placing (even as a "joke") the two parties at the extreme opposite ends of the political spectrum.

[/ QUOTE ]

No joke. If Reps and Dems are playing chess, politics is the board and chess pieces. "Right and wrong" is just a political tactic. They are playing just because that's what politicians do. Chess players play chess, poker players play poker, politicians play the political games.

The "implicit collusion" is exactly what I am implying. Why are there only two political parties? Why is government garnering more and more control, benefits, etc, etc for itself. It's a self perpetuating system. It would almost take a nihilist to come in and make things "fair".

As for the commies and fascists joke. It was a joke, but maybe things are getting even worse than I thought such that some people would take this kind of joke seriously!