View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Would a pot size bet have a +EV with this Q10s?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another line to take is to check raise as a semi-bluff in this situation. This allows you to get other chips into the pot and then take control of the betting on future rounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt think about this option, I like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

How effective do yo think this line would be in a party $10+1?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in my original post I don't really believe your hand with that board is that strong, however... if you feel that your hand is indeed that strong then this is a viable line to take in order to get chips in the pot.

How effective do I think this is at the Party $10+1? Not very in my experience. The problem with a large percentage of low limit Party players seems to be a reluctance to release a hand once they have invested chips from the flop on. I never cease to be amazed by what I see folks show down at lower limits, because they feel they were 'pot committed' after investing 75+ chips in a pot. Or just because they figured you were 'bluffing' with the check raise.

I still feel that the best line to take in this situation is to check and then call a small bet, but fold to any real strength.