View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Another I\'m losing do I suck or is it just varience post.

I dropped about 75 BB at 3/6 last night in about 300 hands (what can I say -- I was on a roll) and then won 85 BB over the next 300 hands or so.

I think I was generally playing pretty well even during my downswing (except one hand when I had JJ on a KJT flop and I completely blanked out to the possibility of AQ from a PFR TAG -- costing me several bets on the turn when I didn't fill up).

So variance is a very real thing. I do think 2/4 is generally an easier game, insofar as table selection is easier there. At 3/6, I often play 2-3 orbits at a table and then get up and leave. And I still have a tough time knowing whether I should play when there are all tight players and either just a single very loose player one or two seats to my left or two marginally loose players who are also on my left. I think that those tables are so marginally profitable that I should be hopping around more. At 3/6, it can take a while to find a good table.

Whereas when I was playing 2/4, I remember about 75% of tables that I sat down at random ended up being pretty good tables.