View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Do you think this will help or hurt my poker game?

[quote
Are you worrying that playing with bad players is going to make you a worse player? Is that the point of this post? If that is in fact the case, I would be one of the worst players ever! I always choose the game with absolutely the most horrid players and I mop it up, sure it might take a while, but in the end the chips all come my way. The only thing that can make you a worse player is yourself, not other players bad judgement!

[/ QUOTE ]

After giving it some thought, I agree with your last sentence. Since I read, study, lurk 2+2, and track and think about hands that I'm not happy with (which does not always mean hands that I lost) I hope I'm disciplined enough not to grow worse!

However, my original concern was NOT that playing bad players would make me worse. Honestly, I try ONLY to play bad players. That's how I increase my bankroll. But bad players and free players are different. Bad players, when playing for $, are usually predictable in one way or another..or if not, they usually play long enough to make enough mistakes to compensate. At least at pokerstars, free money players are often all playing like Danny Nguyen on crack. They do anything because they can just hit reload. When I was freeplaying originally, I found myself doing the same thing. It's essentially meaningless...why not go for the big score?

So, really, it's the effect it could have on MY attitude that's the potential problem. I can't afford to carry ANY of that attitude over into real money games, even .50/1 ring game. That being said, I think I will go ahead and give it a try.