Thread: Over the hump
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Over the hump

[ QUOTE ]
"yet for some reason I continue to pound on players who I really believe are not very good."

-----------------------------------

You speak of this as though it's a bad thing. You wanna be challenged? Start playing chess, soccer, weightlifting. This is about time and money. If you're beginning to feel unfulfilled at the level you're playing at and need a challenge - then maybe start taking shots at the higher limits. But the scary thing for me is listening to you say "Help. I'm losing money in common situations. I should move up in limits." Ummmm, Houston...we have a problem. Continue the beatings at your current level, work on plugging your Losse Passive situations at THIS level. Then you'll be ready for the higher levels.

JMHO. Pep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree completely with your criticism Pep, which is why I posted this. It seems that the same leak that is causing me to not move up is also causing me to not respect my opponents bets in situations when I should. That, obviously, is a large leak in both cases and I was wondering if any other long term winners had a similar scenario and how they overcame it. It's possible I am being both a wimp in terms of not moving up and arrogant in my assessment of my opponents at the lower levels, which is becoming clear to me as I reread my original post. Psychologically I find that to be both interesting and troublesome because it is detrimental to my play in both cases.