View Single Post
Old 05-21-2003, 10:25 AM

Default Re: The NEW Isle of Capri poker room in Lake Charles

You're right about the wait at the Hollywood. I've only played there once -- I took a nap when I arrived after looking at the list and by the time I was done, the wait wasn't too bad. Maybe they'll get the hint like the Isle and expand.

Perhaps I'll give 3/6/12 another shot. It just drives me crazy most of the time. I suppose I need to get all my playing in since my wife keeps hinting at a kid too. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

I never played at the APC. I knew a few people who did and they seem to have no regrets. It just never sounded like a real solid idea for me personally with the legality issues and membership fee. Plus, if the articles in the paper were at all accurate, the owners flat out lied about several points. They claimed to be in contact with state agencies to make sure everything was kosher when in fact there had been no such contact.

I play in two semi-regular home games for small stakes. It keeps me entertained between trips to Vegas. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If you're looking for games, shoot me a private message. Or if you have any good ones you know of yourself!