View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 11:57 PM

Default Re: The NEW Isle of Capri poker room in Lake Charles

yeah, a local friend and I had discussed trekking up to Bossier City (Shreveport) to play at Hollywood's but when I called and found out they only had 7 tables I decided that would be a bad idea. The person in the poker room said that on the weekends the list goes 30+ deep and it often takes 2+ hours to get a seat. Eh, you'd think someone over there would figure out how to get a few more tables in the room. Morons.

The 3/6/12 isn't a horrible game - it's just the perfect format for those who live to suckout. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

With the jackpot there as well the players are just atrocious but when you have 6 or 7 people playing any 2 no matter how much it costs them it's a definite grind to make any money. Certainly possible though - I'm up a good amount from 4 trips late last year.

We'll probably venture down there and play again just to check it out. My wife has a kid on the way in ~7 weeks so my playing time is going to be severely impacted for a while. [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]

You ever play in any games around town (austin) - did you play over at the APC?