View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Not doing well at poker

Hi, I am a longtime lurker on this forum and your advice has turned me from a losing player ot a winning one. lately I have not been doing well, and I have a few specific questions.

I have dropped about 15 buy ins over the last 5-6 days, and I've been running horribly. I know that everyone here always tells posters about how small their sample size is, i know that, and this could just be bad luck, but I have questions because I no longer feel like a winning player. My confidence is shot and I no longer feel like I'm going to win when I play, so I am using that as a sign of things going badly rather than losing some number of buy ins. I play the 22s, I am probably going to move down tot he 11s.

I had a stretch where I was being too aggressive too early, going after blinds too early, and busting too fast. So i tightened up and decided to focus on survival a bit, rather than just stealing a bunch of blinds.

Now I just feel passive, it feels like Every game I get to level 4 I have 650 chips, and a small chance. I only play Ak, Aq, aj and sometimes At, plus all the pocket pairs. sometimes I will limp in late position with suited broadway cards, is this enough? So often I just don't win any pots early and I have few chips late. The only hands I play really aggressively are qq-aa, those i raise big.

my solutions:

1. I am going to only start playing later at night instead of 12-2pm. I don't win as many easy big pots at level 1-2 earlier during the day.

2. I need to just be confident, at the 11s and 22s do you guys also end up at level 4 with 600 chips a lot as well?

I'm not going to bore you with the bad beats, i just had a headsup match where I had my opponent all in with my jj and tt to his k4 and k8, he won both, and then in another game lost a QQ to Qt, but that is just me whining and i know theres nothing i can to, but its frustrating.