View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: How did you start playing online poker?

I was dabbling in sportsbetting and doing fairly well for a recreational bettor (It was paying for Christmas and a couple nice family vacations for a few years straight). Making $100 bets, you just can't make a lot of money sportsbetting and my roll prevented me from making $1000 bets. Also, the time required to research and stay ahead of the juice in sports betting is incredible. So when World Sports Exchange opened its poker room I tried it out, broke even, went to Party and lost my initial buy-in and went back to sportsbetting for about a year.

Again the time thing was just killing me and I was no longer enjoying it. It had become a number crunching exercise and I had lost the enjoyment of just watching the game/race/etc. I knew if I could beat sportsbetting I should be able to beat poker. My thoughts were that I would not have to spend all the research time after I had "learned the game". So I bought WLLH and HFAP and started at WSEX again. I soon went back to Party and I have even better vacations now.