View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Pro Poker Players as Job Applicants

Certainly business aptitude and poker aptitude are highly correlated.

My main motivation in making this post is to convince young winners to take the poker lessons to the world of business, where they can be easily leveraged.

Dr. Al has said that poker is every man for himself and ruthless, and yes I agree. My point is that the winning player is by definition a winning business person. This is an idea that winning college players need to be hearing.

These college guys also need to know that the $100 per hour that seems so hard to achieve in poker is actually pretty simple in business if you apply yourself.

There is an unlimited amount of money to earn out there in business. Unlimited. Young winning players that "think in poker" and adopt this belief can easily outearn all but the very best players.

The business you start and grow does not have to be sexy or techy or hip, it can be as dull as plumbing supplies or HVAC services.

I strongly encourage serious winning players to purchase the book The Millionaire Mind and read it twice. That book provides a roadmap for young winning players that want to leverage their hard-won poker lessons in a big way.

Anyone smart enough to earn $75 or more per hour playing poker is likely able to earn 2,3, 7 times that in a business. The business typically will have far less variance , a higher earn, and more overall satisfaction.