View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: last one for today

[ QUOTE ]

two questions.
1) given it's shorthanded, should I have brought in for a full bet with my little pair and try to steal?
2) on 6th, villian is looking flushable, I'm too live with my boat and sf draws to fold, but is it worth raising? Villian is aggressive and could easily be betting his board in hopes of stealing (as I saw him do on a couple prior hands already).

[/ QUOTE ]

1. i wouldnt. your hand isnt that strong. it's one of those that you want a lot of players in as you make a two way hand. hopefully any lo with trips, small straight or flush. i think you get more value by getting paid off with a hand than by stealing only the antes. moreover, if you get called, you'd be in big trouble heads up. though the ugly boards could change this if you're in a tight game with decent players.

2. again, i dont think a reraise is in order here. looks like you'll have to beat an AK flush to win. not much else he could have when he raised and reraised you double bet on fourth. your flush draw isnt really working, only your straight flush is. the 6d is dead. Ad gives you the nuts to scoop. 2's, 3's, 4's, and 5's fill you up. that's 11 cards minus whatever dead ones are out out of 35 or so unseen. you also have no fold equity. even if seat 3 has only a four flush, he's going to see the river. a case could be made to raise out seat one and his lo draw which might get you a scoop with a boat or half the pot with a made lo on the river, but he's caught in between and has already called one bet. dont see him folding here. i'd just call and hope for a good river.

respectfully,
temp