View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Who likes pushing QQ early w/3 limpers in front?

[ QUOTE ]
A more interesting question would be, if you raise 3 times the BB rather than push, what happens if one of the limpers or someone behind you re-raises you but doesn't put you all in? Say if you call, you would have $300 left in chips (or something like that). Now you know you are beat most likely. Do you fold, call and limit yourself to $300 left in chips and the very real potential that an A or K will fall on the flop and then you are probably screwed, or do you push all in, knowing you are probably up against AA, KK or at a minimum AK? I think you have to fold to the re-raise here.

The real problem with raising 3 times the BB here, is that more than likely, you'll end up in a multi-way pot, because there will almost always be 3-4 callers (well heck I'm already in for $30, let's have some action) or a re-raiser.

I've been playing queens very gingerly 10 handed. I might play them like any other pair here and limp in and see if I hit trips or not. If that A or K shows up on the board with 3-4 players in the pot, you are stewed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the 3rd best starting hand in the game (and the ranking isn't affected by how many other players there are). If you aren't going to raise limpers with this hand you might as well quit the game now.