View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Question about old geezer calling stations

OK, I have a question on how to deal with all these old farts in AC that just sit and call and never bet or anything like that. Last weekend, I was playing at the Borgata in AC and played $4-$8 Hold-Em. I was playing a hand where I was the big blind and I had Ace-Queen of [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Everyone folded up to the button( old guy) who called as did the small blind. I raised to $8, and the old guy called and SB folded. So its head to head.

The flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet, old guy calls. The turn was a 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I bet again and the old guy calls again. So the river comes up and its 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet again and the geezer calls and turns over pocket kings. Should I have played this hand differently? Even if he had raised before the flop, I would have re-raised him anyway. Either way, I most likely would have played the hand to the end unless he had check raised me. But he was just a calling station. And I notice this happens a lot with these old guys. I don't mind the losing part, it just pisses me off when you go up against someone that is just bored and throwing chips in. Normally with these old guys, there are 3 or 4 at a table so you know not to play the hand unless you have a monster. But like I said, it was heads up and I liked my chances.